letter R letter E Vintage Brick Letter V little tikes letter I letter E letter W S
Welcome to our Book Review page. Stay a while and read some of the blurbs, check out the video clips and book trailers we've included. You may get inspired to try one of the books that have been reviewed or you may like to write your own review. Ask one of the Library staff how. HAPPY READING!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

MUD, SWEAT & TEARS

MUD, SWEAT & TEARS by Bear Grylls     (LWH)

Buy Books online from Doubleday Australia and New ZealandI'm not a huge fan of Bear Grylls (although I did watch the TV series and know I WON'T be able to survive if lost because I WONT EAT those crazy things he does!) however, I was interested in reading his autobiography to see the man behind the TV series.
 It was an interesting read. Telling of life growing up in Wales, his love of adventure from an early age, his training in the SAS and surviving an accident which broke his back and almost caused him to never walk again. Climbing Mt Everest may have been his greatest challenge but being the ambassador for Scouts is his proudest and most rewarding. This was a good read which I downloaded onto my Kindle. When my eyes got a little weary of reading I would set the Kindle to 'Text to Speech' and listened to the story. (Love the flexibility of my new Kindle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment