letter R letter E Vintage Brick Letter V little tikes letter I letter E letter W S
Welcome to our Book Review page. Stay a while and read some of the blurbs, check out the video clips and book trailers we've included. You may get inspired to try one of the books that have been reviewed or you may like to write your own review. Ask one of the Library staff how. HAPPY READING!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

LAMENT

by Maggie Stiefvater

I have to admit right from the getgo that I'm not a fan of faeries, magic, vampires, or those types of books, however, I was intrigued after reading the first few chapters. Deirdre was a very gifted musician along with her best friend James. It was at a music competition that a mysterious boy named Luke enters her life and encourages her to even new heights with her music and she also discovers she is a 'cloverhand' someone who can see faeries.

After discovering that Luke is actually a faerie assassin, and she is in fact his next target, she must decide whether to trust what Luke says, that he is in love with her, or follow what her mind and family are telling her, stay away.

I'll admit I kind of liked it up until about half way through and then I got completely bored withthe story  and it was taking me off into an area I don't really like reading so I actually skimmed through to the end (which is something I never usually do). The story was apparently a depiction of Celtic faerie lore and a lot of people do like that genre, but it wasn't for me. It did keep me guessing for a while though and I did like a couple of the characters. The sequel is called "Balled" if you are interested in this genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment