letter R letter E Vintage Brick Letter V little tikes letter I letter E letter W S
Welcome to our Book Review page. Stay a while and read some of the blurbs, check out the video clips and book trailers we've included. You may get inspired to try one of the books that have been reviewed or you may like to write your own review. Ask one of the Library staff how. HAPPY READING!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN

by Ransom Riggs  (LW-not in CCB lib)


What an amazing book. I didn't have any preconceived expectations with this book. I'd seen the cover a few times and passed it by, but something drew me back to it. I was glad I gave in... it was amazing but strange! I downloaded it to my Kindle and thought I'll just flick through a few pages... a couple of hours later I still couldn't put it down. Lucky it was on my Kindle cos I even had to read it late into the nights.

I'm not writing any more about it because it will spoil the experience and besides I've included the book trailer and the making of the book trailer to tantilise you.

 Enjoy it my peculiar friends!










This short film is fascinating look at the abandoned houses and castles that author of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs and his Dutch urban explorer guide found while scouting locations for the book trailer.

(Taken from 'The Book Slooth' blog:  http://thebookslooth.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/miss-peregrines-making-of-trailer.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment